About the course
If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving.
This course is designed to give learners a broad base in sport with the scientific knowledge necessary to study sports programmes at Level 3 and the opportunity to progress to a number of possible advanced courses in a variety of vocational areas.
The aims of all qualifications in the Level 2 in Sport are to:
- Inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in the sport sector.
- Broaden and deepen learners' understanding of sport careers and their attributes.
- Give learners the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the sport sector.
- Support progression to a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic sports course or an apprenticeship.
- Give learners the potential opportunity, in due course, to enter employment within a wide range of job roles.
The Level 2 Sport provides a good foundation for learners in post-16 education. It provides a suitable foundation for further study within the sport sector through progression on to our level 3 qualifications.
Entry is by interview. Applicants will need a minimum of four GCSE passes to grade 3 or above
Applicants will need to be motivated and manage their own time. Learners will need to have a mature and responsible outlook as they will be required to work with a high degree of independence for certain aspects of the course..
Any student aged 16 to 19 who does not hold a GCSE A* to C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure) or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English by age 16 will need to continue to study these subjects.
The first step is to make an application for the course you are interested in. You will have the opportunity to discuss the programmes and ask any questions you may have at the interview stage.Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it with the Sports department at West Suffolk College.
How will I be assessed?
Will I need any materials or equipment?
Days & times
Starting September 2023