About the course
Sponsored by Revolution Fitness
If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving.
18+ Course (You must have completed a Level 3 Sport programme)
Sponsored by and working alongside Revolution Fitness, The programme is designed for aspiring Personal Trainers. The qualification offers unrivalled industry experience and is the perfect step for launching a successful career in the Health and Fitness Industry.
This is a one-year qualification aiming to focus on the role and scope of a Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer. At the end of the programme, you will be able to work as gym instructor or a Personal Trainer.
Throughout the programme you be able to demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer
You will also develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as:
- The principles of working in the gym environment, including customer service and how to maintain health, safety and welfare
- Anatomy and physiology
- How to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity
- How to communicate effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme
- Nutrition to support a physical activity programme
- Marketing and business planning
- Personal training programming and delivering personal training sessions.
This qualification is mapped to the CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer Professional Standard.
Entry is by interview. COMPLETION OF A LEVEL 3 SPORT PROGRAMME
Applicants will need to be motivated and manage their own time. Learners will need to have a mature and responsible outlook as they will be required to work with a high degree of independence for certain aspects of the course..
Any student aged 16 to 19 who does not hold a GCSE A* to C (9 to 4 on the new grading structure) or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English by age 16 will need to continue to study these subjects.
The first step is to make an application for the course you are interested in. You will have the opportunity to discuss the programmes and ask any questions you may have at the interview stage.
Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it with the Sports department at West Suffolk College.
Days & times
Starting September 2023